Tips and Ideas for Building a Baseball/Softball Facilities
Idea Sheet for Building a Baseball/Softball Facilities
- Iron mikes—
- Set up for softball or baseball as all will throw baseballs or softballs. These have track fed or hopper fed for the balls.
- Wheeled machines
- Rawlings and Bata wheeled machines
- Feeder and pitch selectors are available for all the BATA machines
- 1 wheeled machines that that throw fast balls or breaking pitches
- 2 wheeled machines that that throw fast balls or breaking pitches but with greater speed
- 3 wheeled machines (baseball only) that give you top speed and the advantage of randomization of fastball or breaking pitch.
- Twin pitch machine that allow user to set 2 speeds of fastballs in 2 separate chutes. Which give you the effect of a fastball and a change up?
- Feeders for these machines come with for baseball only, softball only or a combo feeder that will handle both baseballs and softballs.
- Compressed air powered machine for baseball size ball only but throws hard, can be programmed for fastball and change ups. Very portable as no need for electrical cord.
- Personal Pitcher for small balls training.
- Throws plastic golf balls both fastball and curve ball.
- BATCO expandable cage in 54 or 72 foot lengths #42 nylon netting or custom size
- Rectangle cages in standard or custom sizes
- Polyurethane twine
- Nylon twine
- #21, #36 or #42 net strength depending on use and material
- Cable systems to allow netting to be hung from cable and be permanent or slide back and forth to open up the floor space
- Indoor frame systems to attach rectangular nets or trapezoid shape nets
- Outdoor frames to attach rectangular nets or trapezoid shape nets
- Cages and frames that retract into the ceiling by motor and pulley systems.
- Custom ideas and systems to fit the uses special needs.
- Polyester cage turf with 5mm foam backing, nylon mesh in the foam, nap any length needed
- Vinyl floor covering in several fabric weights to prevent damage to the floor while using it. As a practice area or as a set up area for events.
- Nylon cage turf with 5mm foam backing, nylon mesh in the foam, nap any length needed
- Nylon grass turf rubber filled cage turf with nap any length needed
- Nylon stance mats with batter box and home plate. Green or clay colored
- Custom turf in color, special spec’s , other customer needs
- Tarps for any and all uses
- Foam matting for padding up walls, columns and other areas of concern.
Baseballs and Softballs Balls:
- Yellow machine pitch baseball or softball
- White baseball machine pitch with red seams or yellow softballs with red seams
- Low seam leather machine pitch balls were baseball or softball
- Regulation leather balls from practice approved to association approved
Several frame sizes and net weights Netting nylon #36 or #60 poly #36
- Pitchers l-screens
- Softball pitchers protector screen
- Rectangular fielder screens to protect fielders or machines.
- Adjustable netting in the cage
- Any protective screen can be ordered with a wheels or padding attached
- Soft toss- wheeler dealer
- Tee work
- Stationary hitting
- Plastic ball pitching machines
- Designated Hitter stand-in for the batter during live pitching drills.
Additional items we have used
- Radar guns
- Hand and glove held devices
- Timing light and system
- Wall padding
- Portable mound-various sizes everything for
- Pitching targets
- Sock nets
- Catch nets
- Zip nets
- Baffle nets
- Strike zone pad
- Pitchers rubbers, bases,
- Bats aluminum or wood in all price ranges
- Helmets with or without face mask
- Batting gloves